Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Rocky Point Spring Break

This is the trip we look forward to all year. We were planning on camping this year but we only made it in the tent two nights because Rowdy started to get really sick. He had a fever and was coughing pretty bad. I decided to sleep in my mom's trailer with him to get him out of the wind and get him a good nights sleep. In the middle of the night Rowdy woke up weezing really bad. I ran and woke my mom up to hold him while I went to get Shane. Shane and my Dad gave him a blessing and then we decided to take him to the urgent care in town. Luckily Uncle Ryan was there to come with us and translate for us. It made all the difference in the world helping me understand what they were doing. It was really scary for a little bit. When we got to the urgent care they gave him a shot to open his airways and then two breathing treatments. They sent us home with some medicine and the Dr said that the humidity and dusk is probably what caused this on top of the cold he was getting. Poor boy was so sick but by morning he was all smiles. So thankful for a husband that can give my kids blessings and for the comfort it always brings me as their mother. The Dr was so great as well. Scary to be in another country and have that happen but they did so well with him.

The rest of the trip was great. I kept Rowdy inside as much as possible but it was still relaxing and the kids ran free and played for a week straight! The day we were leaving the kids came running up saying something about the fish. I ran down to the beach with them and there were thousands of fish lining the beach. They were swimming up with the waves and getting stuck and then swimming back. It was crazy! Kids were picking them up with their hands and filling buckets. It was so fun to watch.



















No comments: