Monday, July 8, 2013

Rowdy Dodge Trader



We waited a long time for this sweet little boy. He is finally here to meet us, and early too! Friday night, to my surprise, I went to the bathroom and noticed I started to lose my mucus plug. Saturday morning we were planning on going to Strawberry to spend the weekend at the cabin, but were  unsure that was going to happen anymore. I did some research and it sounded like we were gonna be ok to go up for a little bit. Kash and Braily really wanted to go, so we decided to head up! On the drive there I was having quite a few contractions, enough to make me nervous. Once we arrived I found out that I was probably closer than I thought to delivering. Tara had a friend at the cabin who said once she started losing her mucus plug, she delivered within 8 hours. That made me a little more nervous, so we headed home leaving the kids with Grandma and the cousins to play for the weekend. As we headed home, I had some strong contractions but they slowed down once we got home. All night long I was having contractions but none of them were super strong. We got up Sunday morning and decided to go to church at 11:30 because nothing seemed to be happening. We came home and I took a little nap because I was exhausted and woke up to a decent contraction. They still were not quite strong or consistent enough so my mom said to go to the mall and walk around to get them going. Shane had a better idea and suggested Bass Pro Shops. So off we went to walk. We were there for about an hour till they closed. Shane had me walking the stairs. When we got home Shane kept telling me to do squats and keep walking. He would not let me sit down! So I started working on Kash and Rowdy's room to finish it and my contractions really started getting more consistent. At 11:30 pm they started getting strong and painful. I told Shane lets go. I didn't want to miss the chance to get the epidural! We got to the hospital at around 12 and they took me to triage. I was at a 3 when we got to the hospital and was really bummed to hear that. I was hoping to be further along. They gave me and hour to walk and see if I progressed and I did a half centimeter. I walked another hour and progressed another half centimeter. They nurse was thinking of sending us home but called Dr. Beck and he said to keep me. There was not any rooms so we had to wait in triage for another hour. In that time my contractions were really getting painful but I could not get an epidural till we got to the room. Finally at 4 we were taken to our room and I was able to get an epidural. They checked me and I was at a 5. I was finally able to relax and get a little bit of sleep after that. Shane laid down and passed out. At 6 am Dr Beck came in to check me (6cm) and break my water. I again fell asleep and was woke up by the nurse at 7:30 to check me and I was at 8cm. From there I felt like it went really fast. Shane woke up at this point. Dr Beck came in and started getting dressed for delivery. I was really surprised and not quite ready for it. At this point my back was really starting to hurt. Dr Beck then told me that he was face up and would need to turn him. He turned him and I was ready to push. I pushed twice and his head was out and then one more push and he was out. He was born at 8:23am and weighed 8lb 4oz and 19 1/2 inches.  On his way out the poor boy took a breath and inhaled fluid which caused him to have trouble breathing. He was taken and suctioned out where they took a whole lot of fluid out. I could not believe how much hair this boy has and I love his big lips! We are so excited and we could not wait for Braily and Kash to meet him!



 After much debate over names, the final decision was Rowdy Dodge Trader. Rowdy was first thrown out there when the Olympic swimming was on and Rowdy Gaines was the announcer. Shane pointed the name out to me and that he had eaten dinner with him while serving his mission. I immediately fell in love with it. Dodge is Grandpa Traders uncle and the name Shane has wanted for his son for years.










No comments: