Friday, March 30, 2012

I Love Moments Like This!


Last night Braily came into our room because she had a bad dream. I was very tired from Kash coming in earlier that I didn't welcome her very well....well not at all... I just kept sleeping. I heard her come over by me and then go to the other side of the bed and lay closer to Shane. I thought this was weird because she always lays right by me. A few minutes later she woke me up and asked me if I would say a prayer with her because she had a bad dream. We said prayers and I laid back down. I could hear her singing her primary songs when she said, " Mom. I have this really warm feeling inside, is that the Holy Ghost?" I told her, "yes that is the Holy Ghost." I could not help but be thankful that a little six year old can recognize the Holy Ghost and be comforted in times when they may feel alone and afraid through the gospel.

The next morning Shane asked her why she came in to lay next to him instead of mom and she said, " I knew that you had the gospel." We both looked at each other and realized she meant to say the priesthood, When she said, "I mean you have the priesthood". Moments like this I would not trade for anything! I am so thankful to have the priesthood in my home and know that my children notice it and are comforted by this as well.

3 comments:

Chris and Nicole! said...

That is the cutest, sweetest thing ever! And I just heard a talk today in General Conference similar to a child experiencing the Holy Ghost through prayer. What an amazing example you and Shane must be for Braily to think to pray and sing primary songs! Way to go!

DeWitts said...

Thanks for sharing. That's so sweet!!

David and Natalie Reheis said...

That is such a cute story! I never check your blog since you're a slacker (ha ha I'm not much better). I'm loving the updates!!